The Web Developer (PHP/HTML/CSS) leads the day to day coding of all digital marketing efforts and works directly for the Creative Director (internal and agency partner). From acehardware.com site updates, emails, ads, surveys, contests, banners, vendor partner landing pages and home page carousel efforts to Ace Rewards emails, app integration, etc. Provides support to other departments to address website content needs including thepaintstudio.com, my local ace content, tips and advice from WordPress, myace.com, savingsource.com and other potential site integrations. Drives timely and cost-effective efforts while ensuring the highest standards of quality creative control and operational stability.
What you'll do
* Write code and develop engaging digital experiences within Ace's web content accessibility guidelines and established standards and procedures, and contribute to the evolution of standards and procedures. Troubleshoot development and production issues across multiple devices, environments and OS's. Support the team in writing documentation and building tools to enhance productivity.
* Continuously perform A/B testing to improve site optimization. Develop code PHP, HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, XML/JSON, AJAX,and JS. Comprehensive knowledge and use of Git version control or equivalent. Perform quality control and testing of web programming to ensure expected functionality. Experience with debugging tools.
* Collaborate with project stakeholders (account, UX, creative, development, client) to assist in defining and designing solutions. Deliver complete solutions within realistic budget and schedule requirements.
* Stay ahead of the curve in industry knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
* Strong sense of visual design (while you may not be an expert within the design tools, you still have an eye for aesthetics). Strong sense of what is required of a great user interface, with understanding of accessibility concerns. Superb written and verbal communication skills.
What you need to succeed
* Bachelor's degree in web design or related field equivalent
* Strong knowledge of web fundamentals: HTML and CSS
* Experience with responsive layouts
* 3+ years professional experience with PHP
* Understanding of SEO principles and experience applying them to applications
* Proficiency with Google Analytics & tracking software
* Deep understanding of browser and device compatibility issues and ways to work around them
* Good eye for design and aesthetics
* Self-starter who has demonstrated complete ownership and delivers focused solutions
* Ability to provide, interpret, and analyze client needs
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
* Excellent listening skills
* Routinely interface with clients either over the phone or in person
* Bring fresh, creative ideas on how to continuously improve brand communications
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.